Largest of the cemeteries in the county is Graceland located 1/4 mile north on the east city limits of Madison in Lakeview Township. The original deed for 10.65 acres from Dakota Territory to Madison Cemetery Association was granted September 10, 1884. It was surveyed and platted by John Gregor, Lake County surveyor.
In 1907 land owned by Albert A. Sponholtz was added to the west and north. The deed was registered November 29, 1912. Again in 1938 more land from Mr. Sponholtz was added to the west. Mr. and Mrs. A. B. Britzuis and Miss Myrtle Pulford donated funds for the chain link fence and corner stones fronting the east side of the cemetery in memory of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. David Pulford. The Cemetery Association is funded by donations and sale of grave sites.
Click the first letter of the surname